Rail Delivery Group
One of the recommendations made by the McNulty rail value for money study was that a leadership body be established to take responsibility for coordinating and leading on cross industry initiatives, including delivery of the other McNulty recommendations. The Rail Delivery Group was established in June 2011 by the major passenger and freight train operator groups and Network Rail to fulfil this role.
In 2013 the structure of the group was formalised to ensure that it continued to receive the full commitment of key people and organisations from across the railway industry. This was achieved through the incorporation of a new membership condition into the licences of Network Rail and those passenger and freight operators that operate over the mainline network.
More information about RDG can be found on its website. ORR has a limited appeal role in respect of the membership arrangements, and the process we will use to determine any disputes can be found in the following documents:
- Appeals to ORR over RDG membership disputes . PDF, 77 Kb
- Rail Delivery Group - Eurostar SNRP modification notice . PDF, 68 Kb
- Rail Delivery Group - Network Rail licence modification notice . PDF, 66 Kb
- Rail Delivery Group - passenger and freight operator licence / SNRP modification notice . PDF, 88 Kb
- Rail Delivery Group - Operator of last resort licence / SNRP modification notice . PDF, 64 Kb
- Formalisation of the Rail Delivery Group - 18 January 2013 . PDF, 64 Kb