The Research and Development Advisory Group (RDAG) meets three times a year.
The ORR Directors' Group supported the establishment of an internal Research and Development Advisory Group (RDAG) in September 2006 to help ORR discharge its duties under Schedule 3, paragraph 2(2) of the Railways Act 2005:
...to make such arrangements as it considers appropriate for the carrying out of research in connection with railway safety purposes and for the publication of the results of such research; and to encourage research by others in that connection.
The full purpose, scope and activities of the Group are explained in the Terms of Reference (ToR).
ORR’s RDAG consists of the following organisations:
- Office of Rail and Road (ORR)
- Rail Safety and Standards Board (RSSB)
- Network Rail
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Organisations from the wider industry may be invited as appropriate
- SPARK is a free web tool for the rail industry to share knowledge. SPARK is co-managed by UIC and RSSB. You need to register to become part of the SPARK community
- International Union of Railways
- Birmingham Centre for Railway Research and Education
- NewRail - Newcastle Centre for Railway Research
- The European Rail Research Advisory Council