ORR's board meets around ten times a year (monthly except August and December).
The minutes are approved at the next meeting and these form our corporate record.
Our aim in publishing minutes is to be open and accountable, and to minimise the need for members of the public to request the information contained in our minutes.
The minutes which are published on this website have had some passages or paragraphs removed by the board secretariat (this is called 'redaction'). These sections usually relate to:
- information which is intended for future publication; or
- information the disclosure of which is thought likely to prejudice the effective conduct of ORR's affairs because it relates to uncompleted policy development; or
- information that we may not publish because it is commercially sensitive and we have received it in the course of our role as an economic regulator; or
- information relating to proposed or ongoing enforcement actions (eg a prosecution); or
- information which is otherwise thought to be potentially sensitive.
The minutes show where we have removed text.
In a few places where the removal of text means that nothing sensible remains then a short explanatory text may be added to help you to understand what was discussed. This text appears in red italics.
Previous board minutes
For previous board meeting minutes, please visit the National Archives.