We grant health and safety permissions and approvals to railway operators. There is detailed guidance on how to apply.
See the following web pages for more information on each of the main areas where a legal approval may be needed from us.
- Entities in charge of maintenance certification
- Interoperability authorisation
- Level crossings
- Private Acts and Orders consents and approvals
- Rail vehicle accessibility
- Railway safety regulations exemptions (Mark 1 rolling stock and hinged doors)
- Safety certificates, authorisations and exemptions
- Train driver licences and certificates
Health and safety certificates issued
The safety certificates listed below relate to ROGS (The Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) Regulations 2006).
- Mainline safety certificates and authorisations issued
- Non-mainline safety certificates and authorisations issued
- Entities of charge of maintenance certificates issued
Health and safety enforcement notices and prosecutions
Details of our legal notices, which include improvement and prohibition notices, and prosecutions.
Transport and Works Act Orders
If you need to consult us on a draft Transport and Works Act Order please contact us via our customer correspondence team in the first instance.