This page sets out details of our document periodic review 2013: setting the financial and incentive framework for Network Rail in CP5, which we published on 1 May 2012.
In 2011, we published the following consultations which covered issues relating to the financial and incentive framework for control period 5 ( CP5 ):
- our first consultation on PR13, 25 May 2011;
- consultation on the potential for increased on-rail competition, 4 October 2011; and
- consultation on incentives, 14 December 2011.
Our document periodic review 2013: setting the financial and incentive framework for Network Rail in CP5 sets out our conclusions and next steps on the issues raised in these consultations.
It marked another important step in PR13 and linked to the further work we went on to carry out in 2012.
Amongst the next steps outlined in the document were further consultations on more detailed financial and incentive framework issues later in 2012, including those relating to:
- the financial framework (including indexation, corporation tax and the network grant) (1 August 2012); and
- the Schedules 4 and 8 possessions and performance regimes (26 November 2012).
- Financial issues for Network Rail in CP5: decisions - December 2012
- Consultation on financial issues for Network Rail in CP5 - August 2012
- Consultation on Schedules 4 and 8 possessions and performance regimes - November 2012
- Association of Train Operating Companies (ATOC)
- DB Schenker
- Department for Transport (DfT)
- Direct Rail Services
- East Midlands Trains
- First Group
- Freight Transport Association
- Network Rail
- Jimmy Reid Foundation
- National Union of Rail, Maritime & Transport Workers (RMT)
- Transport for London (TfL)
- Transport Scotland
- TravelWatch Northwest
- Welsh Government