If you have a complaint about a train company please contact them first.
Please follow the tips below to complain about your train company:
- Gather the relevant information: This could include specific journey details such as departure station, date, time and ticket type.
- Contact the train company concerned: This may be done via their website, by email or by phone. If you’re not happy, make a complaint.
- Finding a resolution: You should receive a response within 20 working days.
- Not happy with the response? You have the right to request that your train company escalate your complaint. They have a maximum of 40 working days to try to find a resolution.
- If your complaint is not resolved: You can now ask the Rail Ombudsman to investigate using the online form on their website. The Rail Ombudsman can also be contacted by email at email@example.com and by phone on 0330 094 0362.
Learn more about our work for passengers.