We are seeking views on the proposed risk management maturity model (RM3) for the rail Heritage Sector.
RM3 Topic Sets are a new tool aimed at providing more focused RM3 criteria for specific risk management areas. Topic Set 1 for heritage railways provides criteria that are more relevant in a heritage railway environment, making it more accessible and meaningful as a tool for analysing and improving safety management capability.
ORR is seeking views on the proposed risk management maturity model (RM3) Topic Set 1 for Heritage Railways. The purpose of this new Topic Set is to provide a targeted suite of criteria for heritage railway organisations to use as they assess their ability to successfully manage health and safety risks.
The scope of the consultation is of the 9 elements included in the proposed Topic Set 1 for Heritage Railways.
Responding to this consultation
All responses on the consultation should be addressed to the RM3@orr.gov.uk mailbox, before the close of the consultation period.
Publishing your response
We plan to publish all responses to this consultation on our website.
Should you wish for any information that you provide to be treated as confidential, please be aware that this may be subject to publication, or release to other parties or to disclosure, in accordance with the access to information regimes. These regimes are primarily the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR,) the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
Under the FOIA, there is a statutory code of practice with which public authorities must comply and which deals, amongst other things, with obligations of confidence. In view of this, if you are seeking confidentiality for information you are providing, please explain why. If we receive a request for disclosure of the information, we will take full account of your explanation, but we cannot give an assurance that confidentiality can be maintained in all circumstances. An automatic confidentiality disclaimer generated by your IT system will not, of itself, be regarded as binding on ORR.
If you are seeking to make a response in confidence, we would also be grateful if you would annex any confidential information, or provide a non-confidential summary, so that we can publish the non-confidential aspects of your response.
Any personal data you provide to us will be used for the purposes of this consultation and will be handled in accordance with our privacy notice which sets out how we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018.
In responding to this consultation you consent to us:
- handling your personal data for the purposes of this consultation;
- publishing your response on our website (unless you have indicated to us that you wish for your response to be treated as confidential as set out above.)
Your consent to either of the above can be withdrawn at any time. Further information about how we handle your personal data and your rights is set out in our privacy notice.
Format of responses
So that we are able to apply web standards to content on our website, we would prefer that you email us your response either in Microsoft Word format or OpenDocument Text (.odt) format. ODT files have a fully open format and do not rely on any specific piece of software.
If you send us a PDF document, please:
- create it directly from an electronic word-processed file using PDF creation software (rather than as a scanned image of a printout); and
- ensure that the PDF's security method is set to no security in the document properties.
Please respond to the following questions:
- Is the wording used in the criteria clear, understandable and meaningful?
If not, then please specify (reference location in document).
- Has anything been omitted, that you think could be added to the draft document?
If yes, then please specify (reference location in document).
- Will the document have a positive or negative impact on your organisation’s safety management maturity?
Please specify, and why.
- Are there any barriers to implementing this into your organisation?
If yes, then please specify.
- Do you consider the document should have a minimum review period?
If yes, then please specify.
- Do you have the correct level of support to be able to implement this into your organisation when issued?
If no, what other support do you feel you need i.e. RM3 training, further Topic sets, guidance or other?