We consulted on proposals for Regulations implementing Directive 2008/110/EC and Directive 2009/149/EC in Great Britain, both of which amend Directive 2004/49/EC (the Railway Safety Directive).
Directive 2008/110/EC establishes a system for maintenance arrangements across the European Union.
Summary of key outcomes
- Consultation on the Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 – summary of key outcomes
The Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (S.I. 2011/1860) will come into force on 26 August 2011.
A copy of the statutory instrument can be found on the UK Legislation website.
A further statutory instrument will be needed to implement the remaining provisions of directive 2008/110/EC, relating to a certification scheme for entities in charge of maintenance of freight wagons.
The European Commission has adopted Regulation 445/2011 on a system of certification of freight wagons, which came into force on 31 May 2011.
We will consult on proposed implementation of the directive for GB later in the year.
- Angel Trains Ltd
- Association of Train Operating Companies (ATOC)
- British Transport Police
- Confederation of Passenger Transport UK
- East Coast Main Line Company
- East Lancashire Railway
- Edinburgh Trams
- First Group plc PDF icon PDF, 95 Kb
- Greater Manchester Passenger Transport Executive (GMPTE)
- Halcrow Group Ltd PDF icon PDF, 87 Kb
- Heritage Railway Association
- High Speed 1 Ltd
- London Midland
- London Tramlink
- London TravelWatch and Passenger Focus
- London Underground
- Network Rail
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Porterbrook Leasing Company Ltd
- Private Wagon Federation
- Private Wagon Registration Agreement - Network Rail
- Riviera Trains Ltd
- Rail Industry Association
- Rail Safety and Standards Board (RSSB)
- Scientifics Ltd
- Transport Scotland