Cross border train driving guidance - Changes after 31 January 2022 for European Union cross-border train drivers who will be driving on Great Britain’s railway infrastructure

Authored on
PDF 280.37 KB

All cross-border train drivers, including those who already have an EU train driving licence, will require a UK train driving licence issued by the Office of Rail and Road in order to drive on GB infrastructure from 1 February 2022. Our “Cross-border train driving” guidance document provides guidance on meeting the requirements of The Train Driving Licences and Certificates Regulations 2010 (as amended) solely in relation to cross-border train driving from 1 February 2022.